We have received an email from Jill Tarter, former director of the Center for SETI research, on a new outreach on behalf of the Breakthrough Listen Initiative. They want to hear from the general public on their ideas for new approaches for finding evidence of extraterrestrial technological civilizations. They are looking for 1 page descriptions, with specific attention paid to:
- New parameter space to be explored;
- Hardware and/or software required;
- Current status of any prototyping or trial runs;
- Any technology barriers at this time;
- Scale of the effort – estimates of resources, time to completion, and costs;
- Any other scientific opportunities enabled by this new approach.
Descriptions that reach Jill Tarter by 15 August, 2016 will be incorporated into the subcommittee’s deliberations later that week. Please send your approach to email@example.com.